Bethany School Logo

Home / Latest News / LAMDA success for Bethany pupils

LAMDA success for Bethany pupils

The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art provide young people with recognised qualifications in acting. Earlier last term, 17 Bethany pupils sat their LAMDA exams with lockdown imminently waiting in the wings. Determined that the show would go on, these pupils showcased their performances in front of the socially distanced examiner with flair.

We are delighted to announce that 94% of these pupils achieved a Distinction (the highest grade possible) and the remaining 6% achieved a Merit. These grades continue to reflect the talent we have at Bethany and the resilience to continue even in adversity. LAMDA has continued during lockdown with pupils continuing in their one to one sessions with Mr Simmonds and Mrs West, both of whom are immensely proud of their pupils. LAMDA will continue and no doubt these pupils will go onto win further awards in the future.